Jesus, the World's Biggest Lie

sent in by Ian

I was not born into a Christian home. Quite the contrary. I was born into an abusive household with heroin addicts for parents. My biological father was a Japanese immigrant who was never there, and when he was there, he beat the shit out of me. My biological mother was also guilty of this. It was common place for my mother to burn me with cigarette butts, or to beat me within an inch of my life. My sister was born when I was but 3 years old. Since my biological mother was too busy shooting up dope to take care of us, we usually went without food. Most of the time we wouldn't have electricity. One year later, at the age of 4, after more abuse and hospital visits, the State stepped in and took me and my sister out of the house.

We were bounced from foster home to foster home for a while, and were finally placed in a home with parents that weren't going to beat the shit out of us. I was about 6 at this time. The family my sister and I were staying with were Pentecostals. The kind of "Christians" that jump around as if they're having seizures and speak in tongues. This was my first introduction to "Christianity." And I never totally believed at first.

Well, as a few more years went by, I started to believe, but I was too embarrassed to admit it. It just wasn't "cool" to be "Christian." The brainwashing had begun...

I was around 12 years old, and I'd finally gotten an adoptive placement that I thought would work out. I'd had one previously to that, but the family decided they wanted my sister, and not me. So, this new adoptive placement seemed awesome. The person who wanted to adopt me was a single male "Christian." I thought it would be cool to live there mainly because he had tons of video games, which I figured out later why he had them...

My first visit went well with him, and I had a few more visits, and finally, I moved in. Things went well at first. I started school there, played video games, and pretty much had fun. One day, I went to a friend's house after school and got high for the first time. I liked it. I went home, high as a kite, to find my adoptive "father" waiting for me. He knew I was high, got his gun out, and did something so unspeakable, so heinous, I'll never get over it. Keep in mind that this was a "Christian."

He beat me to the ground, stripped me, and raped me at gunpoint. After he was done, he pulled the trigger. The gun was not loaded. "You ever tell anyone," he said, "I'll make sure this gun is loaded."

I told anyway, and was taken out of that hellhole quicker than shit. I was taken back to my former foster parents who apologized profusely. I didn't talk to anyone for a long time, and had nighmares every night for a year. I was afraid that he was going to come and kill me since I snitched on him. I felt like it was my fault. Everyone told me that there was no way he could come and get me, and I didn't believe them. A year after that tragedy, they told me that he had killed himself the day I was removed from the house. I was so pissed, I didn't talk to anyone for about 3 months.

I had started to have doubts about "Christianity" and its validity. I was afraid to give up on god, I prayed constantly, and I blamed him continually for what had happened.

At the age of 14, I was adopted by a family who I'm still with today (I only talk to my father's side of the family). My ex-adoptive mother (I've disowned her for various reasons) was not a "Christian," nor was my father. I didn't have to go to church, and I felt free. For a while.

It was around this time that I started liking members of the same sex. Of course, I've always had feelings for them as a child, but I didn't understand it, and couldn't label it. I remember as a child, the pastors would preach fire and brimstone to those who are gay or bisexual. They'd always say that to lie with another man as you would a woman is an abomination in the eyes of god, etc., etc. I kept praying to god, asking why he'd send me to hell over something I can't control and something I didn't choose. I never chose to be bisexual. If I had a choice, I'd be 100% straight, just to make my life a little easier.

Well, after enough of that nonsense, I'd pretty much given up on god, and started doing drugs heavily. Drugs filled the void that god could not fill. I started shooting up oxycontin, drinking heavily, and eating pills left and right. I was around 16 at this time.

My drug addiction got so bad, I was sent to a State mental institution for 8 months. I was released on my 18th birthday. I lived in a halfway house, lost god, and got my shit together. For a while.

Then I started back on drugs. I ended up worse than when I had first started. I eventually was sent to a treatment center to get clean and detox. I found god through NA, lost him, and moved back to my hometown.

Until this point, I was still not sure whether there was indeed a god or not, and I wanted so badly to believe. I started to do a "mental spring cleaning," if you will. I analyzed every belief about god I had, and discarded it if it didn't make sense logically. I went through this for about 5 months. When I was finished, the word "god" had no validity in my new understanding of the world. It was no longer in my vocabulary.

Now that I'm free of the chains of "Christianity" that had bound me for so long, I find it easier to stay clean. I've never felt peace while in those chains. Jesus does not bring peace. He brings chaos, hatred, humiliation, and degredation.

Christianity is the world's longest running lie in existence, and I am grateful to be free of it.

URL: http://www.iansite.com
City: Kokomo
State: IN
Country: US
Became a Christian: 6 years old
Ceased being a Christian: 16
Labels before: Half-assed Xian
Labels now: Devout Atheist/Secular Humanist
Why I joined: I was forced into it.
Why I left: Because it's total and absolute bullshit.
Email Address: ian at iansite dot com

69 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am glad you are clean now. Yes, I agree that Christianity is a big lie. If love was what God want from us, why the following natural links exist? HIV-homosexual, weaklings-inbreeding, mad cow disease-cannibalism. None of the above is sin--it's all circumstances that make them sin or not sin. They have nothing to do with love, and they have commonality; anti-sustainability of species.

Why flowers are beautiful? Why fruits taste good? Why trees are tall? All have same answer... survival.

Anonymous said...

I disagree with all you have to say about Christianity. I'm sorry about what you went through but that had nothing to do with being a Christian. I can only imagine that as a child, you relate abuse with Christianity but that's far from the truth. I hope you find what your looking for.

Anonymous said...

I deeply am sorry for your hardships in life. This doesn't mean that there is no god this simply means that you don't have faith in him . Every one needs something to believe in . I hope you find what it is that you are looking for. Jesus is here for everyone it is up to you to believe and recieve his eternal love. God bless.

Dave8 said...

Anonymous 3/25/2006 5:44 PM: "I deeply am sorry for your hardships in life. This doesn't mean that there is no god this simply means that you don't have faith in him ."

Actually, an omnipotent god, who refuses to help their children has lost faith in humanity, and not the other way around.

Anonymous: "Every one needs something to believe in."

Well, actually, I "believe", that "something" is much different than "someone" or "some god".

Anonymous: "I hope you find what it is that you are looking for. Jesus is here for everyone it is up to you to believe and recieve his eternal love. God bless."

Spoken, like one who believes in an invisible "someone", and speaks on their behalf, how prophetic.

Anonymous said...

I am happy you found peace with yourself, and i wish you a very fullfilling live. i personally believe that ´´god`` is not a outer manifestation but is within myself, and that by exploring yourself and others we can get closer to becoming who we really are.

and to the two christians. if you are going to spray your vile and putrid ideas on this site dont do it anonimously. be a (wo)man and tell use who you are.

.... so we can beat the living daylight out of you.... :)

Din said...

I am absolutely glad to see you have understood reality.

lil' Sister in Christ said...

My friend, I can see that your experience with Christianity has not been a good one, and therefore reject all Christians and their belief. Brother, God is not the cause of sin and destruction. The devil, who wishes to see you as you are, will claim you with every power that he has.

And God gives you that choice. He allows you to choose between Satan, or the Father of Love. And do you know why? Because he loves you, deeper than you can ever imagine. Even me, a sinner, beyond all hope, he gave his life for mine, so that I may have a choice.

Oh, my friend, how much I will pray for you tonight! I will pray that you may see the love of the Father, the one who created you...the one who died for you. If you had been the last soul on earth, he would have died for you.

I feel for you, and care about you, and pray that His love will shine apon you. I do not judge you, and never will, yet I cry for you, hoping that you will not have to share this burden alone. God bless...

With love always,
Your lil' Sister in Christ

Gary M said...

"And God gives you that choice. He allows you to choose between Satan, or the Father of Love." says the previous post.
This logic fails to explain the suffering of millions (or billions?) of innocent children all around this miserable planet. Did they choose Satan? Is that why they are starving to death and dying of horrible diseases? Or if Satan took control of them without their consent then what is this so-called God good for anyway? Case closed. I hope the world rejects religion before it destroys us all be it christianity or islam or even communism...

I Hate Religion said...

Ah blessed be! An angel fell from the skies, lil' sister in christ!

"God is not the cause of sin and destruction. The devil, who wishes to see you as you are, will claim you with every power that he has."



Who do you think created Satan in the first place you brainless twit?

God is Satan and Satan is God, they are one and the same, according to the bible, which is also a pile of lies, piece of shit book. Grow up, you self-righteous slut!

freeman said...

Gary M,

Another point I never understood can be made with the following analogy.

A loved one is senselessly murdered. Everyone tells you that it was god's plan as he has a plan for everyone. However, these christians call for the death penalty for the murderer. After all they should be thanking this killer for doing god's work! He is an agent of god!

Anonymous said...

this is disgusting how dare you you have no right to say this and no proof jst because u found a few bad Christians doesn't mean God does not exisit yes i am sorry for wot happened to you. But without God you are now nothing but a stoner disgusting how dare you!

Anonymous said...

Christianity is the Devil

Anonymous said...

This may be hard for anyone to ever believe but i was around at the time they killed jesus. I was sent to Earth to stop him from spreading the lies of Christianity. Jesus was Trelevian whom had gone mad realising he could be worshipped by millions. I and several others came to Earth and hunted him down. Trelevians decided long ago to give up religion as it was causing war and hatred among our brothers and sisters, there are still a few who believe in gods of sorts, but they are a dying breed.

SunRAy said...

Jesus was a Trelevian! No, I do not find that hard to believe, I was just wondering what planet or solar system are you from?

Anonymous said...

I am from planet Trel, the barenta system. Its about 3.4 light years from Earth. I belive you would dknow the stars as alpha centuri and alpha proxima. (barenta@hotmail.com for more questions and answers)

Anonymous said...

It's funny when people lose there religion how they start attacking it and to those who never believed before I feel sorry for you not knowing any better but one thing is true not everyone that shouts Jesus! Jesus! will enter His kingdom so the guys that messed you around when you were little were no Xians. Now that just means to me that you are being tested...you might be failing or you might not be I can not judge you for have not been through such torment. Like you I try to believe in what I see but I did see him help me one day for which no one could give a logical explanation but enough of that. See you see Xians as week and stupid because you have got no respect for them or there believes that's why you lash out at them like you do. Do a bit of soul searching and you'll prob find out you do that to non Xian people cause you're empty and nothing anyone can say can fill that. My name is Johan and if you really are looking to beat up Xians MR.
".... so we can beat the living daylight out of you.... :)" I will gladly discuss ways of hooking up.

Mr. Anonymous said...

Anonymous 9/25/2006 5:50 AM: "My name is Johan and if you really are looking to beat up Xians MR.
".... so we can beat the living daylight out of you.... :)" I will gladly discuss ways of hooking up.

Seems like True Christian are extremely adept at planning violence.... :) By the way, many people don't dislike christians, becauase they're christian, they dislike those who use religion to justify acts that are inherently understood to be wrong.

boomSLANG said...

"My name is Johan and if you really are looking to beat up Xians MR.
'.... so we can beat the living daylight out of you.... :)' I will gladly discuss ways of hooking up.



"Ooo, Ooo...umgawah yawah!"...grunted the illiterate caveman.

Where reason fails....THREATS prevail! TRUE Christianity.

Anonymous said...

I am sorry for what has happened to you but you are not the first to suffer and not the last. More over you are not the first to suffer and have nothing to blame it on. So what do you go for, the classic anti-religion speech. Some say that god has a plan for us, maybe he does. But people spoil plans all the time, murder is not gods plan but something that just happens. So i think it is wrong when people say that murder is apart of gods plan. Your parents are supposed to protect you but they can't protect you from everything. So maybe god is like that. Religion is meant only to get through hard times not provent them. When I pray to god I am really praying to myself. I pray to myself to overcome. But I think its strange that people only turn to religion when things go bad. So maybe thats why nobody believes anymore. What i think is most important is that you just have faith. Maybe not in a god or even in anykind of religion. But faith in yourself, thats were it starts. Faith that life goes on with or without you. Faith that your past can be overcome by your future. Faith that you sometimes have nothing to do with the bad things that happen to you. Faith that nothing is controlled except for what you choose to overcome or fall to. Have faith in yourself first then choose what will have faith in you.

Anonymous said...

Religions are not perfect cos man made them, but god is perfect!

Anonymous said...

god is a lie jesus is biggest con artist ever no god only purpose is to live and die and repeat the cycle

Frank Larouche said...

maybe lots more people were gonna rape and abuse you but Jesus stopped them, ever think about that?

You think you were walking alone but he was carrying you!

Warnepiece said...

Frank Larouche,

Boy I love Christian logic. So let me make sure I understand you Frank: Jesus maybe, might have, it is possible, you guess, protected this girl from some other rapes and abuse, but he stood by and watched (classic voyeur) while her adoptive father DID rape and abuse her. Then afterwards, Jesus carried her around. Why didn’t he carry her to a hospital, trauma center or a police station? Just what was Jesus doing while this young girl was being raped?
You remind me of the guy who walks around snapping his fingers repeatedly. Asked why he does that, he responds “It keeps the tigers away.” When told there are no tigers around there, he says “See, it works!”

Anonymous said...

What are you talking about you whacko? I said nothing about tigers(u sound like a sick bestiality freak to me). All I was saying was that he could have been raped a lot more and harder and fater etc, and should thank Jesus for all that really bad stuff he hasn't been subjected to. THAT IS ALL

Warnepiece said...

Anonymous Frank Larouche,

Your reply is so nonsensical and stupid that it doesn’t warrant more than this…

As I read it, I heard the intro to the song Dueling Banjos start up…

Anonymous said...

Wha...wha..if there is no Jesus, where will our souls go? Surely our souls will go somewhere...yeah thats it, we have souls..NO?

Warnepiece said...

Ian,

I apologize. When I first read your post, it was on a small screen laptop and I thought it said your name was "Jan", hence the reference to "girl".

My mistake.

Warnepiece said...

Perry,

This gets better every time one you fundies offer up another post.

So Perry, you think Frank makes a lot of sense, huh? Then you agree that Jesus watched the whole time Ian was raped and abused and did nothing. But you think Jesus’ presence kept Ian’s adoptive father from raping him longer, harder and, I assume Frank meant faster by the word “fater”. Then, Jesus, in all his good-heartedness “carried Ian around to comfort him after being raped. And at no point do you think maybe Jesus should have stopped it.

Tell me Perry, have you stopped raping underage children in your neighborhood yet? Or does Jesus give you Carte Blanche to do with them whatever you please so long as you don’t do it too long, hard or fast?

You don’t get the “tiger” reference because you can’t read those big words yet!

Anonymous said...

"...maybe lots more people were gonna rape and abuse you but Jesus stopped them, ever think about that?"

I'm continually amazed by the sick, twisted logic Christians apply when confronted with theodicy. The constant 'blame the victim,' 'God uses evil for good,' and all that other nonsense just really reveals how utterly lost some of these folks are.

Warnepiece said...

I hope everyone is paying close attention to Frank Larouche, Perry Ayotte and Paul Binda. These are the voices of modern christianity.

Notice how similar they sound to the Phelps lunatics from the Westboro Baptist Church?

If they didn't sound like christian trolls, I'd think this whole exercise was a put-on by a bunch of bored middle-schoolers who hadn't even had their first wet dream yet.

.:webmaster:. said...

All of these characters are E. Goldstein, the troll.

Please don't feed the troll. All he is interested in is getting a response.

I'll be deleting his posts as I see them.

Warnepiece said...

Thanks for letting us know Webmaster.

Goldie has too much time on his hands and too little brains in his head.

Messenger said...

The Reason you suffered so long because you did not read the 10 commandments. Most importantly the one that said Thy shall not have any other god beside me. God did not say Jesus. Today people are saying Jesus is God. Look @ our world since this thinking have started. full of sins. People now and days refuse to think for themselves. Why is it Taboo to chanlenge the bible. When Judment day comes God will not take any excuses. God gaves us all intellect we need to use it to save our soul.

Warnepiece said...

Somebody get a big net.

Messenger somehow slipped out of their straitjacket.

Messenger sounds a lot like Goldie, don't you think?

Anonymous said...

Messenger is wack. He can't handle the truth

Anonymous said...

What you talking about Willis?

Anonymous said...

Here I sit on my computer on X-mas Eve.
Im here to try to display my hatred for Catholocism.
I will never attend a mass ever again.Why waste my time. I certainly do belive in a god, But why would he want you to go to a church to pray and give your money away to the church, maybe to fund the laywers needed to fend off the child abuse charges. In ways I hate jesus, but mostly I feel bad for him. Think about it there probably was a guy named jesus and he probably was a really nice guy. Then when he died his 12 apostles wrote little stories to prove that he was the son of god. They made up stories and used grotestque statues of a bloodied man on a cross to scare you into believing. THIS WAS 2000 years ago! Religon is forcing children into beliving in this fairy-tale of a man that walks on water and comes back from the dead. Wow Just because the superman character was created before I was born doesnt mean I should believe it to be a 100 percent true story. Why do we sit in little pews listening to the same bableing preachers and priests rambling on about how this holiday is about the son of god not presents. Fuck this holiday its about money grubbing companies. Its already a proven fact that the star that the wise men were following wasnt even in our hemisphere at this time of the year. Meaning that jesus wasnt even born at this time of the year. This is just a ploy like valentines and all the rest of the holidays to spend cash to boost our economy.
Jesus is getting raped every year, either its a mel gibson movie about jesus getting the shit kicked out of him, making millions of dollars for anti-semitic mel to build churches in his back yard. Now this year they have a nativity movie! SOMEONE IS CASHING IN! RELIGON IS ANOTHER FORM OF POLITICS! I hate both!@ I also hate ranting.
In two thousand years I hope that maybe instead of worshiping jesus they will worship Superman, or Santa. Please everyone rethink everything you know about this jesus fellow, Understand that you are worshiping a comic book hero, one that can turn water to wine and float on water. Instead of going to church go do something for someonelse. bake a cake for a neighbor, feed the homeless. Save your money for charities* not ones affiliated with any religon of course!

Anonymous said...

we first have to ask why anyone would ever need to call themselves "god" what does the universe need to prove to microbes on earth. Read the old testament again and where it says "heaven" just insert the word "space". When it speaks of angels or other beings from heaven just remember what the ancient people were calling "heaven". We were not "naturally" evolved we were pushed in order to RE- discover the same technologies of space travel and cloning for these beings lost only recently due to the world wide cataclisms that all the ancient people told us about. The fallen angels including the jahova character do have decendants on earth and they have confused our language and burned our records so we never put it all together. They wrote oue history including the bible and they continue to dictate what is put out through the media still to this day. Our biggest leaps in space tech is always under a cloak of a manipulated war on earth. We have no idea what nasa is up to. They don't have to tell us the truth. They don't mind showing us the astronauts on exercise bikes and other nonsense. If you look at all the ancient myths and legends including the bible with educated eyes and ask why the endless desecration by political/religious people of contradicting material to the "official" story you reactive your right hemisphere of the brain and you can put all the pieces together. I recomend Michael Tsarion

Anonymous said...

Well i used to be a christian all my life until i was about 14. Then i started studying non stop trying to find out what was real and what was not, because at this point i wasn't sure. After a long ass time of searching i think i have found an answer. I think people mostly wanna believe in god because they are scared. Scared of death like all of us are. The fact is no one wants to die, so they believe that in the end they will be in heaven living an everlasting and perfect life. And some people are just scared of hell, so they believe in god and worship him to ensure that they dont end up there. Satan/Hell is just something to scare people into believing in god. You just have to learn to accept that you will die and it will end. That itself is why life is so beautiful and worth living. its the reason anything in this world has value, because it doesnt last forever.

This is my philosophy anyway, i know its something deep down i really dont wanna belvieve, or any of us do. but this is still what i believe and what i think is "real"... at least for now anyway...

Satan/Hell is just something to scare people into believing in god.

ipiphinizion said...

I like Messengers statement- it inherently addresses those who are still seeking to believe in some sort of God if you will- and for me Jesus is a lie but God isn't...I am however very concerned about the reprecussions and destructive nature of Christianity and how difficult it is to obtain anything but pro Jesus info - makes me gag!!! Jesus is a destructive entity with no good for man in plan...I'm with the Judeo God and he is serious about His stuff....it is refreshing to be able to find this site tho and not be overwhelmed with the puissance of"believers" thx for listening

Anonymous said...

It's intresting , Christianity is the bigest making money scheme in the world.(FACTS AND EVEDIENCE)

(a)Money made from giving goes to the members of the church and the pastors new car, building unesseary add-on building just to meke the church compete with the next to see who can get more clients or should I say members,why not invest the money into vegtable plantaion for the poor, I know of this one church near by that takes the money from members and I talking millions just to make there church look better than the next .Why? Did'nt Jesus state in the bible do not make my place of worship a market , as you remeber jesus turned over the tables thru anger. Well its funny beacuse exataly what jesus is telling the church not to do they are doing, Take a look and see just how many Christian churchers have shops inside of them.Or should I rather say how many people are trying to write books just to get RICH!.

(b)If you calculate the money the church makes from Donations you will be suprised how much is left over after paying the church bill(lights and water,rent)QUITE A BIT OF MONEY WHICH THE CHURCH HIDES FROM ITS MEMBERS! Why is it then that the churchers pastors dont speak up about curruptions? Because its like the MAFIA if they something then the congrigation gets rid of them or they go with the plan and put there members funds in there own secret account.

Just to give you a calculation on how much a church makes in one med size church in one days service.( 5000 members x lets say R15 each x 3 services a day = 5000x15x3 =R 300000.00 per/week and that exludes private donation by long serving members.(makes you think doens't it)Now comming back to point (B) if the money was used correctly there would be enough money to begin veg plantaion in poor countries 30years ago 5x over , I guess you did not know that.Bur of course as I mentioned above it's the worlds bigest money making SCHEME!

More to come soon !!

Anonymous said...

THE TRUTH IS THERE IS NO GOD PERIOD , I POSTED EVEDENCE THAT JESUS IS A MONEY MAKING SCHEME AND IT WAS REMOVED FROM THE COMMENTS WHY? (FREDOM OF SPEECH)

.:webmaster:. said...

Anonymous,

First of all, when you post, click the radio button labeled "other" and type in a moniker.

Second, learn to use the "shift" key on your computer keyboard.

Third, I have no idea what comment you are talking about.

Fourth, this is not a country, it is a privately owned website. Posting here is a privilege, not a right.

freethinker05 said...

Goddamnit, I get sick and tired of hearing how god tests us. I mean fuck, come on people; jesus only suffered for a few hours at the most. Shit, the bible would have been more interesting to read if like say, a group of men held him down and raped him, or perhaps making him suck their dicks, just to see what "Dear old Dad" thought about THAT! The bible cannot be the "word of god", unless this sick motherfucker just sits around in heaven, jacking-off and getting his rocks off while watching human-beings suffer. Forgive me ladies and gentlemen with the foul language, but it felt better using it expressing my thoughts.

Anonymous said...

You will get through this Ian. you know in your heart what you feel. you know you can turn to him anytime and he will accept and love you. we all feel him!! Its just up to us to persue that love. some people never accept it and they wil always feel that emptiness. i am not talikin religion....that is mans way to try to connect with God (and yes for many it works) but spirituality and "walking with God" is different than "religion". Forget the imperfect people that call themselves christians and do what they want.. we all do bad things... but the kind of person that i want to be and that anyone can be is one that has a relationship with the king of the universe (how awesome is that) that he wants to be our friend not some far off distant power ball. and you know its true because you once felt it, your letter is evident of that. God can turn those bad experiences into great things. all you have to do is cry out to him and say Jesus im ready..please show me your power and my place on this earth. i am hurting and i need your peace and comfort. (i pray this all the time) he will not dissapoint you i promise. just be open to feel him.

God speed Ian

Anonymous said...

There is no such thing as atheism, becuase there is no way to prove God doesnt exist.

Astreja said...

Anonymous idiot #1: "we all feel him!!"

You're wrong. I don't feel a thing.

"God can turn those bad experiences into great things. all you have to do is cry out to him and say Jesus im ready..."

Excuse me, but the name of this site is Ex-Christian.net. Many of us did indeed cry out and got no fucking answer at all. Nothing fails like prayer.

"he will not dissapoint you i promise."

Your imaginary god did disappoint us. Your promise is worthless.

Anonymous idiot #2: "There is no such thing as atheism, becuase there is no way to prove God doesnt exist."

That's like saying "There is no such thing as Christianity because there's no way to prove that God does exist."

Atheists and Christians both exist. Deal with it.

AtheistToothFairy said...

Anonymous wrote:
"There is no such thing as atheism, becuase there is no way to prove God doesnt exist."
----
Anon,

Let me help you out here......

What you really should have said is there is no way to prove any of the **Gods** exist.
After all, there are so darn MANY of them to choose from.

Next item......learn to use your spell checker or a book called a dictionary....thanks.


Of course, your statement is not really pertinent to us earthlings, because when there is ZERO evidence for any god(s) existence to us earthlings, then for all intents and purposes, your god just doesn't exist, anymore than those many others we've heard tales about throughout history.

For instance, it would be quite pointless to believe in, or deny, some god that is a few galaxies away from our own, and whom never has made any contact with earthlings. It wouldn't matter to our lives if we denied that god's existence, anymore than if we deny roaches living in the core of our sun.

What's that.... You didn't know roaches live in the sun.....No?
What are you then, a sun-cockroach atheist or WHAT.
How do you know there are no roaches in the center of the sun?
Just because you never saw one or saw the works of their great power, doesn't mean they don't exist, right.
I know they exist because I read in some ancient book that roaches can withstand the nuclear furnace of even the sun.
So there you have it. That's all the evidence one could ever need, so therefore, THEY MUST EXIST.


In the meantime fundie-bot...........

I'd like to introduce you to my personal line of the "Puff-the-Magic-Dragon GOD". He comes complete with his very own hymn book, containing his popular theme hymn that everyone just loves to chant along with. The hymn was written by three famous bible characters to, Peter, Paul and some virgin named Mary.

He breathes actual fire to, which is real handy, just in case the devil and his brood show up to do battle with you.

If you order him in the next "666" seconds, I will even throw in for free, a FORTY day supply of his TWELVE course required diet, which you must feed him THREE times a day.
If you fail to feed him breakfast and lunch, then you might become his LAST SUPPER, which he has been known to enjoy while in an UPPER ROOM.

You will have to teach your new god to talk your language upon arrival.
It's been established that dragon god's, like Puff, prefer to be spoken to in TONGUES....or was it that they like to eat pickled tongues....well, one or the other.

As far as your new god's sleeping quarters goes.....He prefers sleeping in a barn, usually with the company of THREE WISE MEN to teach him.

If your area is prone to flood damage, then we offer for an additional cost, the NOAH ARK survival kit. It is large enough to hold TWO KINDS of your god dragon, male and female.

It's okay to work your god dragon hard for SIX days, but he must fully rest on the SEVENTH......just don't forget to feed him on that day or he'll probably 'WINE' a lot.

He comes with a durable instruction manual, written on two tablets of granite stone.
Do not under any circumstances break this manual, or the replacement set may contain different instructions than the original.


Puff does have one bad habit.
He likes to fly to the top of a tall mountain and set BUSHES on fire, while playing Hide&Seek with you.
Don't take his bad habit too seriously though.
It's just that he can be such a DEMON at times. Some say that's because he's got a lot of (holy) SPIRIT in his troubled SOUL.


Now, do you wish to order ONE or TWO ???


AtheistToothFairy

dano said...

Anonymous wrote:
"There is no such thing as atheism, becuase there is no way to prove God doesnt exist."

Such a scholar.

Such wisdom.

.....for a 13 year old!

Dan, Agnostic

boomSLANG said...

Anonymous chirped:

There is no such thing as atheism, becuase there is no way to prove God doesnt exist.

ATF responds:

"What you really should have said is there is no way to prove any of the **Gods** exist.
After all, there are so darn MANY of them to choose from."


Actually, the more appropriate response would have been to say that there's no way to prove that any of **Gods** do not exist. The point being, the faulty logic in Anonymous' asking one to "prove" a negative, i.e...that something does not exist.

To illustrate(for anonymous): Anonymous, can you "prove" that Poseiden does NOT exist? No, you cannot.....yet, obviously, you wouldn't therefore conclude that Poseiden "must exist" because you cannot "prove" that he does NOT exist. 'Follow? Try hard.

Lesson II: Anonymous, being "Atheist" is not a statement; it is not a proclamation that "GOD DOES NOT EXIST!!!!" Atheism is about lack of belief in god. It doesn't concern itself with knowledge about god.

Lesson III: Things, and/or concepts, that have conflicting or contradicting attributes, in fact, CAN be proven to not exist. For instance, a circle with corners cannot exist in concept, thus, it cannot exist in reality. Now, I'm going to go out on limb and assume that you're a teenaged Christian(yeah, I know it's long-shot).

Now, your biblegod is the same as the "circle with corners". Your biblegod is "all-loving", but banishes people to a "lake of fire". Your biblegod has a "plan"(omniscient), but has "freewill"(omnipotent). All blatant contradictions conceptually, thus, we, as logical people can conclude that no such being can exist in reality.

Let me know if you have any questions.

boomSLANG said...

Either the same, or a different anonymous Christian asserted:

God can turn those bad experiences into great things. all you have to do is cry out to him and say Jesus im ready..

Oh, a light-bulb moment, yes, yes.....if you want to have a relationship with someone, in this case "Jesus", then try talking to him. Mmm hmmm....boy-o-boy, that it some invaluable advice. None of us ever thought to try that one. Thanks Einstein.

Oh, and here is the superstitious chant that is presumably leaps and bounds an improvement from what we've all tried before:

Heavenly Father,

"please show me your power and my place on this earth. i am hurting and i need your peace and comfort."

Anonymous adds: (i pray this all the time) he will not dissapoint you i promise. just be open to feel him.

Yes, be "open". Of course, in the land of make-believe, what that really means is to suspend your logical thinking skills, and revert back to the gulibilty of a pre-schooler. Once you acheive that state of mind, then look at everything "good" in your life, and attribute it to your invisible friend or talking stuffed animal. Conversely, attribute anything "bad" in your life to the boogieman or the monster in your closet.

And there you have it, folks...a "relationship with Jesus". See how simple?

rickyusvi said...

Anonymous wrote: "You will get through this Ian. you know in your heart what you feel. you know you can turn to him anytime and he will accept and love you."

Really? Well, what would Ian say?

Ian wrote: "Jesus, the World's Biggest Lie"
Ian wrote: "I analyzed every belief about god I had, and discarded it if it didn't make sense logically... When I was finished, the word 'god' had no validity in my new understanding of the world."
Ian wrote: "Christianity is the world's longest running lie in existence..."
Ian wrote: "Labels before: Half-assed Xian"
Ian wrote: "Why I left: Because it's total and absolute bullshit."

Just speculating; after all, i wouldn't want to put words into Ian's mouth.

Anonymous wrote: "we all feel him!! Its just up to us to persue that love. some people never accept it and they wil always feel that emptiness."

I never felt him. I was taught about him, and thus tried for many years to feel him, but... nothing. Funny thing about the emptiness--it vanished when i realized that there was Nothing there to fill it. Not that i don't have any emotional issues, but i no longer feel any need to chase after Ghosts.

Anonymous wrote: "i am not talikin religion....that is mans way to try to connect with God (and yes for many it works) but spirituality and "walking with God" is different than 'religion'."

*Yawn!* Another one of those "my religion is not a religion" people. Well, i agree with you that religion is man-made, but since man created God in his own image, how else would one relate?

Anonymous wrote: "Forget the imperfect people that call themselves christians and do what they want.. we all do bad things... but the kind of person that i want to be and that anyone can be is one that has a relationship with the king of the universe (how awesome is that) that he wants to be our friend not some far off distant power ball."

Real friends show up for dinner every once in a while. The truly awesome ones don't pretend that they don't exist. Even when they're not perfect.

Anonymous wrote: "and you know its true because you once felt it, your letter is evident of that."

Um, why don't you go back and read his letter again.

Anonymous wrote: "God can turn those bad experiences into great things. all you have to do is..."

Please reread what you just wrote, and really think about it. This time, pretend that you are not Ian, and therefore cannot know what he's been through. Can you see the profound arrogance in your pretension to know what will fix him?

rickyusvi said...

Anonymous wrote: "There is no such thing as atheism, becuase there is no way to prove God doesnt exist."

An atheist responds: There is no such thing as theism, because there is no way to prove that God exists.

QED.

Don't you just love sophistry?

AtheistToothFairy said...

boomSLANG said:
"Actually, the more appropriate response would have been to say that there's no way to prove that any of **Gods** do not exist. The point being, the faulty logic in Anonymous' asking one to "prove" a negative, i.e...that something does not exist"
-----
Using nothing but logic Boom, then I totally agree; you are indeed 100% correct.

Ahhh, but how many xtian fundies, like we see here posting, understand and agree to such logic?
They think it's all up to us disbelievers, to disprove their ONE and only god instead.

While I fully understand this 'negative' concept (as it also is used for many supernatural claims as well), fundies like this one, use this reverse logic to help justify their own beliefs. To them, it's a simple matter of them being able to FEEL their god and us not being able to prove otherwise about his 'existence' etc..

Sooooo, what I wanted to drive home to him, was that so MANY OTHER gods would also then need to be "proven to exist", not just his own, if one is to be truly impartial here about human derived "god beings".

I think the first BABY step someone like this fundie has to take, is not by jumping right in to prove or disprove some randomly picked god of old, but FIRST to realize that his god is far from being alone in the minds of human history.

Once he understands many gods exist besides his own, then as a second baby step he learns HOW to search for evidence to show some OTHER god never existed. Like a practice test in school of sorts.

The third bigger step would be then be to ponder how hard it would be to disprove all the human god's thruout history, with the exception of his own, of course.

After going thru these 3 steps, he might finally learn your negative logic lesson, and along the way, might even pick up a few lessons on why his own god can't possible exist as well.

Okay, I know, that is a LOT of hopeful thinking about a fundie who likes to taunt this site, but who knows, maybe just ONE of them might see the light of reality in time.
After all, most of us here were once just as blind (but probably not as obnoxious...LOL)

---
BoomSLANG wrote ".....revert back to the gulibilty of a pre-schooler. Once you acheive that state of mind, then look at everything "good" in your life, and attribute it to your invisible friend or talking stuffed animal. Conversely, attribute anything "bad" in your life to the boogieman or the monster in your closet."

Boom, you talk here about this fundie talking to a stuffed animal.

Do you think this fundie is a good candidate to sell one of my Puff Dragon God's to then?
The sales really aren't doing so well and I thought perhaps I need to target a more specific buyer in order to increase my sales quotient.
I'm sure my product is as least as effective as your run-of-the-mill stuffed animal would be to a fundie type.

Thanks for your advise on this sales problem I'm having [g]

AtheistToothFairy

OBAID DAR said...

Well i obaid dar think ur assetion that chrisitans are full of shit is correct

freethinker05 said...

Hiya Dano, glad to hear from you ole buddy. I've been wondering about you lately; thought maybe you had "gave up the goose" haha. your friend, Roger...A/A

freethinker05 said...

Dear Obaid, I agree with you; Jesus is almost as full of shit as Mohammed, don't you think?
Roger...A/A

Treehugger said...

Lots of healing thoughts to you.
I too found it hard to believe that one man can have so much power that we should all bow down before him, but as I have gone through my spiritual journey that has taken 8 years of serching for the truth, I have found peace and know that the only lie that is being told is the biggest one of all and that is the cover up of the truth about Jesus Christ. The church has lied about the truth to keep all the power for themselves for if the truth be known to the masses then they would not be in a job and so much hatred will befall them. It is time the vatican told the truth then there would be no more disease, famine, hardship and even death. Jesus is the only way but not as a person, look within you. Each must find their own way. All I can say is meditate and ask to be guided for this truth will make you weep, make you angry but once you have found it you too will find peace. I will say that people down the ages have left messages for us in their spiritual teachings with symbolism that has meaning. It is all to do with the body, the human body. Find the truth if you really want to know. To the people that say this is babble then let it be, for without searching and understanding can you really call it so.
The TRUTH shall set you free from the cycle of life.
God Bless all who read and search. For when you truely understand you have found the ultimate truth and so much power and love God has bestowed upon us all, no matter what colour, creed or faith.
DeniseXXX

Anonymous said...

with much high hopes,you can achieve a great life, ..hopefully, much luck.


as for the others..

there shouldn't need be a reason to live or die.
most polytheistic and monotheistic religious stuffs giv you a "reason" to live, and yes,you people who ignorantly shove your beliefs onto people,even cultists have reasons for their pointless religion, and satanists (who aren't even "evil"),
but still, they do it for a reason,
for what? either serving, or finding peace..
peace is here, and so is everything that isn't peace,
reason defines an ending,
let there not be an ending...
i personally would rather live forever floating in our abysmal universe, impervious to the natural
alterations that would occur, completely without purpose, that would be peace.
not worshiping a god, or justifying hate.
but please, feel free to delve in philosophies such as extensions of human life through energy conversions, what if we could turn ourselves to pure energy, live long,or forever, or just disappear?
no need for reason, no need for an ending.. no need for heaven, hell, chaos, pain, sorrow, happiness, or pleasure..

Be human, not robotic, -sometimes- you have faith in your peers, or leaders,
but not in something,thatifit existed, it could do anything.

because somethinglike that, -shouldn't- exist,there should be no power unstoppable, and if there is...

stop it ..please.

Anonymous said...

Stay strong baby,I'm so sorry. There is GOD, but no fag name Christ.

Commander Keen said...

Oh boo fucking hoo!!! You got dealt a shit hand and now suddenly you hate the world. Get over yourself!!! There are fake posers in every aspect of life it doesn't mean that everyone is like that!!! now pull your sorry ass together and go make something of your life and quit your whining

Scott in indiana said...

I was truly sadden by your story. I am just as sadden that you have turned away from god and Christ Jesus. I can not offer any reason for what happened to you. It is even sadder that it was done by people that tried to hide behind the Banner of God. All that I can say Is that I owe everything I am to God and without him I am nothing. Christianity Is not a lie, but all who claim to be Christians are.

Scott in indiana said...

I was truly sadden by your story. I am just as sadden that you have turned away from god and Christ Jesus. I can not offer any reason for what happened to you. It is even sadder that it was done by people that tried to hide behind the Banner of God. All that I can say Is that I owe everything I am to God and without him I am nothing. Christianity Is not a lie, but all who claim to be Christians are not really Christians.

Scott in indiana said...

I was truly sadden by your story. I am just as sadden that you have turned away from god and Christ Jesus. I can not offer any reason for what happened to you. It is even sadder that it was done by people that tried to hide behind the Banner of God. All that I can say Is that I owe everything I am to God and without him I am nothing. Christianity Is not a lie, but all who claim to be Christians are.

Dave8 said...

Scott in Indiana: "Christianity Is not a lie, but all who claim to be Christians are."

Scott, do you claim to be a Christian?

freethinker05 said...

Scott, would it be to much to ask of you to give a reason why you think, "christianity is not a lie"?
And perhaps you could explain why you think that Islam is not the true religion while your at it?
Best Regards, Roger

AtheistToothFairy said...

Scott in indiana wrote:
All that I can say Is that I owe everything I am to God and without him I am nothing
--
That's odd, because when I lost my belief in your god, I became more of SOMETHING, rather than a "nothing".... So how's that work again?

ATF (Who found a pet rock was more responsive, than any god ever was)

A said...

Your article was very powerful, an eye opener . I thank you for sharing your pain as well as your belief about this religion. Some people raise the question of the truth and unless other people come to the same conclusion then it is all in vain. You are not alone, religion is bullshit and awareness is coming from more and more sources to wake up dormant America.

So I Said said...

Do you why Jesus never helped you? Because he is fake, his apostles are fake and his story is fake. He doesnt exist. The christian testament is so full of lies and contradictions because it was made up by the Romans who wanted to control the world through this religion

Archived Testimonial Pageviews this week: